introducing the photo basel circles of experts.
photo basel is an international art fair dedicated to photography based art,
from classic to contemporary, fostering and strengthening the dialogue between all art professionals.
In order to reach excellence, photo basel will go a new way in combining synergies from galleries, museum experts, collectors
and curators, all working seamlessly hand in hand for the common shared vision.
For the 2017 photo basel art fair, photo basel launches it’s two circle of experts:
The advisory circle will consist mostly of galleries and it is not to be mistaken as "Selection Committee" -
thus mainly because we strongly believe that no gallery should "judge" another gallery. As galleries are the centrepiece of any
art fair, their inputs, suggestions and feedback is necessary to constantly improve our services.
- F&C Walter from Switzerland
- Galeie Baudoin Lebon, Paris
- Galerie Esther Woerdehoff, Paris
- GrundemarkNilsson Berlin and Stockholm
- Kahmann Gallery, Amsterdam
- Podbielski Contemporary, Berlin+Milan
- Xavier Barral, Paris
- widmertheodoridis from Switzerland
The curatorial circle will be in charge of reviewing and selecting all the content of photo basel (including a
selection of participating galleries and exhibitors), special projects and special exhibitions.
- Dr. Felix Ackermann, Collector, Basel
- Ben Füglister, Cap Prize and Images Afrique Initiator & Assistant Editor at European Photography, Berlin
- Mubarik Jafarey / Sueraya Shaheen, publisher "Tribe magazine", Dubai
- Anastasia Lepikhova, independent curator, Moscow, former curator at Lumière Brothers Centre for Photography, Moscow
- Dr. Heinz Stahlhut, Sammlungskonservator Kunstmuseum Luzern, Lucern
At the end of the day, we consider each stakeholder as an extended “family member” that contributes to the sustainable
success of photo basel art fair.
next show: June 14 - 18, 2017 | Volkshaus Basel |
Rebgasse 12, CH-4058 Basel
© photo basel GmbH | email@example.com